1. Indian Jr. Hockey team participated in 6th Junior Asia Cup held at Hyderabad from 11th to 18th July, 2008 and Indian team won Gold Medal.
2. Indian Junior Free Style, Greco Roman Style and Female team participated in Junior World Championship held at Turkey from 29th July to 3rd August, 2008 and Indian team won 02 Bronze medals.
3. Indian Junior Free Style, Greco Roman Style and Female team participated in Junior Asian Championship held at Doha, Qatar from 4th to 6th July, 2008 and Indian team won 01 Gold + 03 Silver +07 Bronze medals.
4. Indian Cadet Free Style, Greco Roman Style and Girls team participated in Asian Cadet Championship held at Tashkent, Uzbekistan from 25th to 27th July, 2008 and Indian team won 07 Gold + 02 Silver +10 Bronze medals.
5. 56 Indian Athletes have participated in the Beijing Olympic Games held from 8th to 24th August, 2008 and first time in the history of the Indian sports, India has won three medals (1 Gold + 2 Bronze). List of medal winners alongwith those athletes who gave creditable performance in Beijing is furnished below:-
a) Sh. Abhinav Bindra, Shooter won first Individual Gold medal in shooting 10 M Air Rifle.
b) Sh. Vijender Kumar, Boxer won first Individual Bronze medal in 75 Kg. wt. category.
c) Sh. Sushil Kumar, Wrestler won Bronze medal in 66 Kg. wt. category.
d ) Ms. Sania Nehwal, Badminton player gave superb performance to became 1st Indian women shuttler to reach Olympic Quarter Finals.
e) Akhil Kumar, Boxer 54 Kg, lost in the quarter finals.
f) Jitender Kumar, Boxer 51 Kg. lost in the quarter finals.
g) Gagan Narang, Air Rifle shooter though shot 595 points out of 600 points (i. e. only one point less than Abhinav) but finished 9th .
6. Indian Women Boxing team participated in Asian Boxing Championship held at Guwahati from 22-28 September, 2008 and won 3 Gold + 3 Silver Medals.
7. Indian Sr. (Women) Kabaddi Team participated in 3rd Asian Women Kabaddi Championship held at Madurai (Tamilnadu) from 19th to 21st September, 2008 and won the Championship (Gold medal).
8. Commonwealth Youth Games held at Pune, India from 12-18 October, 2008 and Indian team won 76 Medals (33 Gold + 26 Silver + 17 Bronze).
9. Indian Basketball team (boys & girls) participated in 1st Asian Beach Games at Bali, Indonesia from 24th to 26th October, 2008 and boys team won Gold + women team won Bronze medal.
10. Indian team participated in Junior World Badminton Championship held at Pune from 24th October to 2nd November, 2008 and Ms. Saina Nehwal become Junior World Champion, Mr. Guru Sai Dutt won Bronze medal in Men’s Single and Ms. Sania Nehwal & Mr. Aditya Prakash won Bronze medal in Mixed team event.
11. Indian Jr. Men & Women team participated in 14th Asian Junior Rowing Championship held at Hong Kong from 2nd to 10th November, 2008 and Indian team won 2 Gold + 1 Silver + 1 Bronze Medal.
12. Indian Women Boxing team participated in World Women Boxing championship held at Ningbo City China and won 1Gold + 1 Silver + 2 Bronze medals.
13. Indian Sr. Men team participated in 1st Asian Kabaddi Indoor Games held at Bali, Indonesia from 16-28 October, 2008 and Indian team won the Gold medal.
14. Indian Junior Rowers have won 2Gold, 1Silver and 1Bronze Medal in the 14th Asian Junior Rowing Championship held in Hong Kong from 2-9 November, 2008.
15. Four Indian Boxers participated in the AIBA World Cup held at Moscow, Russia from 3-15 December, 2008 and all of them ( Akhil [54Kg], Dinesh [81Kg], Jitender [51Kg] & A. L. Lakara [57Kg] won a Bronze Medal each.
16. Indian Wushu players won 1Silver and 3Bronze Medals in the II World Junior Wushu Championship held at Bali from 7-13 December, 2008.
17. Indian Junior Women (U-21) Hockey team won the Bronze Medal in the 5th Jr. Asia Cup held at from 14-25 December, 2008 and qualified for the World Cup at USA in August, 2009.
18. Ms. Sania Nehwal lost in the Semi- Finals of the Badminton World Federation Super Series Masters Finals held in Malaysia from 18-21 December, 2008.
19. Hockey(M) U/21 Team participated in Australian Youth Olympic Festival four nation tournament at Sydney, Australia from 14th Jan,09 to 18th Jan,09 and won silver medal.
20. Indian Team participated in Second Oman International Pegging Championship in Equestrian at Muscat(Oman) from 7th to 11th Feb.2009 and won one Gold medal in (Team Sword) and one Silver Medal in (Rings & Peg).
21. Indian Team participated in Dutch International Jr. Badminton Tournament from 25th Feb. To 1st March at Harlem (Holland) and German International Tournament from 5th March to 8th March, 2009 at Berlin and secured 1 Bronze Medal.